So I'm in week 23, she is about 11 inches and weighs a pound. What a couple of weeks this has been. Last week I had a wedding in Santa Barbara, very busy week.
I can see now why God gives us 9 months to develop a child. He is so perfect in his wisdom. I believe he gives us this amount of time not only for the child to develop but for us as mothers to bond to our child. This being my first I am in complete awe at the miracle of life. Last week in the business of life and work my little girl decided to move... wow, made me tear up. I was in a business meeting and very busy with what I knew and thought was important, then like a knock at the door she started moving. I could hardly focus on what my client was saying. I felt a bit like I was driving a car and trying to hold a spoon out the window with an egg on it and trying to focus on both. I wanted to leave so badly so I could pay attention to her movement. I believe in those moments God started weaving this love story he has planned for her and I in my heart. I truly am cherishing my time with her right now. Sometimes fear trys to well up about what if she's missing a finger, or has a development problem, what if she comes out and everything isn't ok. But... just as quickly as those thoughts arise, a peace washes over me and I am put at rest once again do to my trust and faith in my wonderful father. I relies that more than ever in my life I have no control, and that he will cause all things to be good in his eyes. I am grateful for the time I have with her now, just as it is without any expectations of what she will be or do. Thanks for reading.
Ps. Got the paint for the nursery, now waiting on painters and timing. Enjoy the weekend.
Friday, February 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment